A 27-year-old controversial church founder in Zimbabwe, Given Dube, has caused outrage after he claimed that he
is God and that Jesus is not coming back.

Dube, who claimed to be God, wants Africans not to believe that Jesus is coming again.

According to a newspaper, Zimbabwe
News, Dube who is the founder of Umuzi
ka Nkulunkulu (House of god) Church in
Pumula South, had told his members to
address him as God as the Holy Spirit
had descended on him and declared him
God.
The pastor is said to have been telling
his members that he is the God who
made the heaven and earth and has
power over all creation.
He added that the belief that Jesus is
coming back was just a fallacy used by
religious scholars to hold people in
perpetual fear.
In an interview withZimbabwe News,
Dube who has a Holy Book which his
members use for their daily guide
emphasized his claims by saying he was
God's host on earth.

He said,
"I am being used by a spirit which I
cannot even see. I only saw it in a
vision once when it first appeared to
me in 2008 when I was in Chipinge
for National Youth Service training.
"Since then, God's spirit speaks to me
and I hear his voice and that spirit
uses me. For people to believe me, I
write everything down and that is the
holy book referred to as Uluju
Lwezulu.
"I am God and do not need anyone to
explain my words. I have written this
book and it guides people in their
daily lives.
"When Jesus came to earth, not all
people listened to him and he was even
killed. Now I have come, some have
listened and I will guide them.
"They believe the lies they are being
told that Jesus is coming back again. I
can tell you that he is not coming
back again as the religious leaders
use that to instill fear in people.
"I am God and I plan. I just command
and it happens. You also have to
understand that I don't expect
everyone to see me as their God, but
they first have to accept the word and
understand, so only church members
recognize me as their God.
"I command, I can stop diseases and
wars in the world or even command
them to happen. This is a different
belief from Christians who are still
waiting for the coming of Jesus; I am
already here."

Post a Comment

 
Top