The operatives of Rapid
Response Squad posted to
Oshodi Oke, early Friday
morning, foiled an UBER taxi
hijack by 3 armed robbers
with the arrest of one suspect.


The suspect, Emmanuel John Ugbomah, 37, from Ndokwa, Delta State, was
arrested after a botched attempt to hijack an uber taxi, a black
Toyota Corrolla, 2009 model belonging to one Adebisi. Ugbomah, in
company of two other accomplices had boarded Adebisi's uber taxi in
Lekki. .

They reportedly told the
victim they were going to
Oshodi, to which he charged
them N4,000. But on getting
to Ikoyi, the trio told the
driver to head to Dolphin where they said they were
going to pick a lady friend.

According to Adebisi, "two of
them came down from the
vehicle and some minutes
later they were back saying
that the female friend was
not going to join them and that he should keep driving to Oshodi -
Oke. When I was about to climb
the Oshodi - Oke Bridge, one
of them grabbed me from the
back seat, another closed my
mouth with his hand. A gun
was pointed at my head and they were shouting that I
should come down and come
to the back seat.

Immediately I unbuckled the
seat belt and opened the
door, I saw some RRS
policemen at the front. I
screamed robbers! robbers!
and ran towards them. They immediately swung to action
and apprehended one but
two escaped." . The victim claimed his and a
sum of eighty thousand naira
were missing by the time he
was composed. Recovered
from Ugbomah, were charms,
master key and a pistol shaped device.

Post a Comment

 
Top