At least 171 Nigerians
voluntarily returned from Libya
on Tuesday aboard a chartered
Nouvelair aircraft with
registration number TS-1NB,
which landed at the Murtala Muhammed International
Airport, Lagos, around 4:18pm.

One of the returnees, Gift
Peters, said she got to Libya 11
months ago after being
deceived that she was being
taken to Germany, saying; "When I got to Libya, it was not
in my mind to continue with
the journey. So I asked the
person that took me to return
me to Nigeria but he started
maltreating me and sold me to someone who has a connection
house in Libya where we were
maltreated daily,"

"If we don't want to work, they
will start maltreating us.

They
will do something to you that
you will wish to die.

"Those who they sold us to,
sometimes, use iron and start
burning us.

At times, they will
instruct our fellow ladies to
urinate for us to drink."

Post a Comment

 
Top